At Crea Studio we are committed to sustainability, and that includes taking goog care of your wool garments. This will help extending the life of a garment and reducing the need for frequent replacements.
Wool is a delicate and natural fiber that requires special care to maintain its quality. The frequency of washing your wool garment will depend on several factors, including the type of wool, how often you wear it, and if it's become soiled or not. For light-wear wool pieces, like a blazer, we recommend washing after every 4 to 6 wears. For heavier-wear wool items, such as a wool sweater, wash after 2 to 3 wears. If your wool garment only has light surface dirt or sweat stains, spot cleaning is a better option than a full wash. And if your wool garment hasn't been worn and is stored properly, it may not need washing for several months or even years!
Here some tips for taking care of a wool blazer at home:
1. Avoid using hot water, bleach, or harsh detergents, as these can damage the wool fabric.
2. Lay the blazer flat to air dry, and avoid hanging it as this can cause the fabric to stretch or become misshapen.
3. Avoid exposing the blazer to direct sunlight or heat sources, as these can cause fading and shrinkage.
4. Press the blazer with a cool iron or steamer to remove wrinkles.
5. Brush the blazer with a lint roller or a clothes brush to remove any debris or lint.